24 October 2022 - Taking flight

Growing up, my most common dream was taking flight.

I would fly upon demand. My arms looked like regular arms, but they worked like wings.

Upon waking up, I used to be a little taken aback. Because I was forced to acknowledge that 'flight' didn't happen.

What I have learnt since then is that flight doesn't necessarily mean that you yourself have to fly.


You can make something else fly. 
And in doing so, take flight.



This was your sister Dunia, 9 years & 8 months ago today, taking a kite into flight. 

It was magical to watch her make it happen.

What she did is instructive to many things.

She got a sense of the kite's size and weight.
She made a plan.
She got into motion.
She held on to the corpus for as long as needed.
She led it go once she had the right momentum.
The kite took flight.
She then moved on to management of the trajectory, and simply assisting.


That was the recipe that she used for flying the kite.
But the recipe applies far more widely.


Take flight in those areas that are valuable in your life.

You can do it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

06 November 2023 - Challenges are growth portals

18 August 2023 - Mira turned one

02 January 2023 - My friends are your friends