28 January 2023 - Art. You see, what YOU see

I took a photo today.

When I did so, I had something in my mind.

I had a metaphor in mind. A story. A particular translation of events.



That was the photo.

I showed it to a couple of people whom I saw today.

I asked what they see and saw... Completely different interpretations!... Both from mine, and from each other!... A delightful chain of events.


Each person brings to a situation the luggage that they have accumulated in life.

That luggage is made up of experience, knowledge, and yesterday's main theme. Yes, imagination.

The luggage proffers up potential lenses.


Widen what you given yourself in the way of information, and you widen the potential translations.

Remember that the metaphors are useful for different purposes.

Keep in mind that the literal meaning, and the 'reality' of goings on, is also important to recognize too.


Leaving behind metaphoric art, and returning to the art of you... 

A masterpiece. 

😇


You got a visitor today too by the way.

No shortage of joy spending time with grandma.


I hope that you and your sister learn to see reasons for joy in many of life's moments.

I hope that you both find ways to be driven by meaning and purpose in life.

I hope that you both feel enveloped by the love of both of your parents and by the families from which they emanated.


Life is a continuum. 

Others came before us, and paved a way.
Mum and I came along, and are paving as we know best.
You and your sister are growing into your selves, and will one day pave the way for another generation.


Love you both.
💕💕💕


PS - today was your English Uncle Simon's birthday.

You were out whilst he and I spoke; so we'll capture a selfie another time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

06 November 2023 - Challenges are growth portals

18 August 2023 - Mira turned one

02 January 2023 - My friends are your friends