30 January 2023 - Standing still travelling

The French are famous for their cuisine darling.

Amongst the more unusual menu items are frogs legs and snails.

Look what we found amidst the fresh spinach that we were about to use today.


This little fella won't be cooked however;

he's been given a home instead.


Another piece of France was found in our home today.

Pieces, actually.

These were served up!



It's an absolute mystery to me how this (& other meals) affect what you ultimately enjoy with mum.

Fascinating.


From France, and down to Italy...

It is a reflection that I am drawing on from there today.

A reflection, altered slightly, and originally attributed to an Italian friar (St Francis of Assisi):

"Preach at all times. And if necessary, use words."


Most of what we impart is unspoken. 

Your actions, your example, your practices are key.

Living with integrity, consistency with certain standards, speaks volumes in & of itself.


I hope that you and your sister trot around the globe, not only for food ideas, but for thoughts that nourish and guide too.

I hope that you both learn to appreciate that when you are in circumstances that are circumscribed, you can allow yourself to travel away using your mind. Remember the imagination. You can dream, plan, and build yourself up, at all times. 

I hope that you both learn to see that there is so much to learn and experience in life. I hope that you choose your teachers wisely. I hope that you choose to learn from those who have trodden the path that you aspire to enjoy.. or if the path is new, from those most likely to be able to make constructive contributions.


I believe in you and your sister.

I love you both.

💕💕💕


PS - I hope you both remember to enjoy some home made pie along the way...

Just as mum and I did.

After standing still travelling.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

06 November 2023 - Challenges are growth portals

18 August 2023 - Mira turned one

02 January 2023 - My friends are your friends