21 May 2023 -- looking back, looking forward

I heard a song growing up, by 'Mike & the mechanics', which began with the lyrics:


"Looking back, 

over my shoulders,

I can see,

That look in your eyes"


I was reminded of that opening salvo, as I looked at the photo today that Mum took of us.



The song then was about love and was sad.

The song's opening lyrics, applied to today, are about love and joy.


Whether looking back, forward or sideways,

I have big thank yous for you and your sister

Life has much greater meaning thanks to you both.


May you both enjoy something resonant, 

in the times both here and ahead in life;

and of course, when looking back!

💞💞💞

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

06 November 2023 - Challenges are growth portals

18 August 2023 - Mira turned one

02 January 2023 - My friends are your friends